Sweden http://www.swedenabroad.com/News____46992.aspx?slaveid=84943

1. Grants and scholarships

If you are not a citizen of the EU, EEA or Switzerland, starting in 2011 you will have to pay tuition at Swedish universities for bachelor’s and master’s programs.  Ph.D programs are tuition-free.  Fees are set by the individual institutions and range from SEK 80,00-140,000 (approximately $10,000-20,000). There is also now an application fee for fee-paying students of SEK 900 for the Universityadmisions.se application

There are a variety of scholarships available through the Swedish Institute (http://www.studyinsweden.se/Home/)and through the universities themselves. The guide below will help you determine if Swedish Institute scholarships are available for citizens of your country and your intended level of study. . http://www.studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/

2. Helpful websites for studying or working




3. General application deadlines


  • January 16th if starting in the fall semester.


  • August 16th if starting in the spring semester.


4. Student visa process and deadlines

·         Swedish Visa

In addition to work and study visa, there are short-term visas for business, family, medical or tourism purposes.

·         Sweden Work Permit

In addition to the standard Sweden work permit, there are many work visa categories for specific aspects of working in Sweden.

·         Sweden Study Visa

You must have a Sweden student visa in order to study in Sweden.  There are four different categories: university, secondary, exchange, and other studies. You can find a guide to study visas at: http://www.globalvisas.com/countries/sweden_visa.html